Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyNarcolepsyTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyNarcolepsyTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mcallen, TX
September 2, 2020
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members with narcolepsy shared that many also live with fibromyalgia, ADHD, or both, along with additional conditions like depression, chronic... Read more

Members with narcolepsy shared that many also live with fibromyalgia, ADHD, or both, along with additional conditions like depression, chronic fatigue, bipolar disorder, PTSD, and chronic pain, creating complicated overlapping symptoms that are often difficult to untangle. Several members described medication strategies that have helped, including stimulants like Adderall and Nuvigil for narcolepsy and ADHD, Cymbalta for fibromyalgia and depression, and spacing out medications throughout the day to maximize wakefulness and function. A recurring theme was the challenge of distinguishing which symptoms stem from which condition, the frustration of not being believed or properly diagnosed, and the need to plan daily activities around unpredictable energy levels and flare-ups.

A MyNarcolepsyTeam Member

Not diagnosed with FM, but my skin on both arms, hands & legs are super sensitive to touch and breezes. I have to wear clothes b/c I'd scare my wife to death seeing me naked. Otherwise, I wouldn't ...

May 18, 2023
A MyNarcolepsyTeam Member

I have all the diagnosis listed above- ADD, Narcolepsy, Fibromyalgia,CHD, Depression. I take Nuvigil 250mg for my Narcolepsy, I take Adderall XR 30 mg for my ADD. Cymbalta for my depression. Sometimes I need to space out(take about 1hr+ apart) my 2 stimulants to get best results for the day. But sometimes if I am having "one of those days" it doesn't matter what I do, I'm going to fall asleep & I just plan activities with my wakefulness & body issues of the day.

April 24, 2023
A MyNarcolepsyTeam Member

I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, Graves’ disease, depression and lot of other stuff wrong with me! Take lot of meds for everything! Have sleep apnea. Use Cpap and oxygen at night . But can’t sleep so half the time I don’t use it!

June 3, 2021
A MyNarcolepsyTeam Member

I have all three. Bummer! Cybalta really helped the fibro and acted like a stimulant on me. But then many medicines, like Percocet, have that affect on me. So I am foggy and unfocused!

May 13, 2021
A MyNarcolepsyTeam Member

I have all these and more.

November 20, 2020

Related Questions

View All
A MyNarcolepsyTeam Member asked a question 💭
Odin, IL

A MyNarcolepsyTeam Member asked a question 💭
Idaho Falls, ID

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In