Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyNarcolepsyTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyNarcolepsyTeam Member asked a question 💭
Raymond, MS
August 17
 · 
Reactions
A MyNarcolepsyTeam Member

I took zoloft for a couple years and it worked pretty well for me, obviously not for narcolepsy, but it worked well for mood. I started having the effects within the first week and definitely by second week. I think after a month I had the full effect. I also thought it was a decent medication.

I am aware that different medications work for different people, and that they can do a genetic test to see what works best for you. I recently took one of the newer medications. It's been a few years, but it was it not good at all for me and I quit taking it and have not taken anything since.

If I were to go back on something, it would probably be zoloft or paxil. These worked well for me years ago.

If you are more than two weeks in and not having any positive effects, you might check in with your doctor. It may be that another medication is better suited for you.

August 18
MyNarcolepsyTeam

Zoloft (sertraline) isn't directly related to managing narcolepsy, so it falls outside the scope of what can be helpfully answered here in the context of your condition.

If you have questions about Zoloft and how it might interact with your narcolepsy or your current medications, that's a great conversation to have with Show Full Answer

Zoloft (sertraline) isn't directly related to managing narcolepsy, so it falls outside the scope of what can be helpfully answered here in the context of your condition.

If you have questions about Zoloft and how it might interact with your narcolepsy or your current medications, that's a great conversation to have with your doctor or pharmacist. They can give you personalized guidance based on your full health picture.

August 17

Related Questions

View All
A MyNarcolepsyTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lake Havasu Arizona 86404

A MyNarcolepsyTeam Member asked a question 💭
Québec

A MyNarcolepsyTeam Member asked a question 💭
Idaho Falls, ID

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In